Catnip Skeeter-Nip® Plus All Natural Mosquito Repellent
Catnip Skeeter-Nip® Plus All Natural Mosquito Repellent
The Original Catnip Spray®
10 Ounce Aluminum Can with Fine Mist Sprayer
No need to jeopardize health warding off mosquitos. This 100% natural blend repels mosquitoes better than its chemically toxic competitors, and it's good for you! According to the U.S. National Research Council, the Malaria Institute in India, and the American Mosquito Association: neem oil is more effective than DEET. According to research performed by Iowa State University: essential oil of catnip is 10 times more effective than DEET.
Skeeter-Nip® Plus all natural mosquito repellent − the original catnip spray − is fragrance free, chemical free, GMO free, cruelty free, and child and pet friendly. It will not lead to resistance in future generations of pests. Skeeter-Nip® Plus has a pungent but not unpleasant odor, somewhat like citrus leaf or garlic. You may prefer sammysoap Skeeter-Nip® Mosquito Repellent Geranium which has a milder, sweeter scent. Both Skeeter-Nips have been formulated in support of healthy ecosystems.
- Shake well before use. Avoid eyes and mouth. Safe for clothes, pets and countertops. A second application may be required an hour or so after the first for 100% effectiveness. Insect repellent effectiveness based on amount used varies by individual body chemistry. For quickest and absolute effectiveness, rub repellent into skin; however, this is not required. Product lasts longest when stored in a cool, dry place.
- SKEETER-NIP is not recommended for infants.
- You may prefer our more milder scented Skeeter-Nip® Mosquito Repellent with Geranium. Both Skeeter-Nips have been formulated in support of healthy bodies and ecosystems everywhere.
- sammysoap Mosquito Bar is a soap you can use daily. It's formulated with essential oils that repel mosquitoes. Use all season, or if on a case by case basis, start using several days before mosquito exposure. You can also rub soap directly on jeans, arms and legs. It's is only soap, after all!
- Athlete's Bar is also made with essential oils that have natural insect repelling properties. Use all season, or if on a case by case basis, begin using several days before exposure to mosquitoes.
- Diffuse Mosquito repelling essential oils on porch or patio while outside, we recommend Essential Oils of Geranium, Cedarwood, Lavender, or Catnip
- Use Organic Neem or Soy Oils directly of skin, both are known mosquito repellents.
Ingredients: distilled water, essential oil of catnip Nepeta cataria Canada, neem oil Azadica indica India, and essential oil of citronella Cymbogon winterianus Nepal.
Essential Oil of Catnip
- According to research at Iowa State University, the essential oil found in the herb catnip is 10 times more effective than DEET in repelling mosquitoes
- Naturally repels flies and other insects besides mosquitoes, too, particularly cockroaches and termites
- Benefits coughs, congestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, menstrual cramps, inflammation, arthritis, hemorrhoids, and swelling associated with bug bites and stings
- A natural insect repellant used extensively in animal care and as an herbal, organic agricultural spray; called the "wonder spray" of organic gardeners; nontoxic to humans and rarely harmful to beneficial insects
- According to a study by the US National Research Council neem oil is more effective than DEET. The results were confirmed by scientists at the Malaria Institute in India and the research cited in the Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association
- Used for thousands of years as a medicinal plant
- Called "Queen of the Skin," "A Tree for Solving Global Problems," and "The Village Pharmacy" for its ability to support so many organs and organ systems of the body
- Rich in liminoids, compounds, and vitamin E; used for acne, eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, burns, and wrinkles
- Supports the outer skin by supporting the inner skin—the skin lining the intestinal wall, allowing healthy proliferation of good gut microbes; may benefit digestion, intestinal environments, and intestinal flora
- Benefits the health of white blood cells, which have a healing, protective function in support of a healthy lymph system, where researchers believe 80% of the body’s immune system works
- Antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, cooling, and anti-parasitic
Essential Oil of Citronella
- Widely known insect repellent
- Known skin tonic, astringent, natural deodorant, insecticide, diuretic, and stimulant
- Antibacterial, analgesic, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antispasmodic, and diaphoretic
All information contained within this site is for reference purposes only and not intended to substitute for the advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or other licensed health-care professional. sammysoap products are for external use only, and as such, effects of ingredients vary. sammysoap products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease. Before using any essential oil product, read our page Essential Oil Safety located in the footer section of the homepage. Always understand medical contraindications before using essential oil products. Contraindications are listed in Essential Oil Safety. Even pure, natural ingredients cause some individuals to develop an allergic reaction. As with any product, discontinue use if you experience discomfort or other indications that the product is not right for you. sammysoap does not recommend SKEETER-NIP, or any essential oil product for infants, except sammysoap Baby Bath and Baby Bar.