Vanilla Skeeter-Nip® All Natural Mosquito Repellent
Please select all options.
Vanilla Skeeter-Nip was formulated in response to sammysoap wholesale customer requests during the floods of 2017. A large contingency of Corp of Engineers was dispatched to the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers north of St. Louis. These men and women wanted vanilla in their mosquito formulas because vanilla works against northern black flies. We had never seen black flies this far south but here they were, and they are nasty. We worked with partners to determine an effective vanilla formula and launched it in 2019.
10 Ounce Aluminum Bottle with Fine Mist Sprayer
Don't jeopardize health repelling insects! Stay healthy without bites using 100% all natural mosquito repellent. This synthetic-free blend repels mosquitoes better than its chemically toxic competitors, and it's good for you!
According to the US National Research Council, the Malaria Institute of India, and the American Mosquito Association, neem oil is more effective than DEET. According to research performed by Iowa State University, essential oil of catnip is 10 times more effective than DEET. And in 2019, US Center for Disease Control finally declared that essential oil of lemon eucalyptus is as effective as DEET. These findings have been common knowledge among natural health practioners. Vanilla repels gnats, blackflies, or midges, and no-see-ums.
Skeeter-Nip All Natural Mosquito Repellent - the original catnip spray - is fragrance free, chemical free, GMO free, cruelty free, child and pet friendly. It will not lead to resistance in future generations of pests. Skeeter-Nip Vanilla leads with vanilla and trails with the pungent but not unpleasant odor of neem, somewhat like citrusy garlic.
- You may prefer our Skeeter-Nip® Plus Mosquito Repellent with an even higher concentration of catnip. All Skeeter-Nips have been formulated in support of healthy bodies and ecosystems everywhere.
- sammysoap Mosquito Bar is a soap you can use daily. It's formulated with essential oils that repel mosquitoes. Use all season, or if on a case by case basis, start using several days before mosquito exposure. You can rub Mosquito Bar directly on jeans, or arms and legs. It is only soap, after all!
- Athlete's Bar is also made with essential oils that have natural insect repelling properties. Use all season, or if on a case by case basis, begin using several days before exposure to mosquitoes.
- Diffuse Mosquito repelling essential oils on porch or patio while outside, we recommend Essential Oils of Vanilla, Lemon Eucalyptus, Catnip, Citronella and Neem Oil.
- Use Organic Neem or Soy Oil directly of skin, both are known as natural mosquito repellents.
- Shake well before use. Avoid eyes and mouth. Spray as often as needed. A second application within an hour of first use may be required for 100% effectiveness. Spray and/or rub into skin for best coverage. Rubbing into skin is not required but some customers say it works best for them. Amount required varies by individual body chemistry. Lasts longest if stored in a cool, dry place. Do not store Skeeter-Nip is enclosed, hot vehicles.
- SKEETER-NIP is not recommended for infants.
- Distilled water, essential oil of vanilla, essential oil of lemon eucalyptus, essential oil of catnip, essential oil of citronella, neem oil.
Essential Oil of Vanilla
- The warming, calming comfort of pure vanilla bean is ancient and universal—its scent said to be most like mother’s milk. The bean's aroma induces feelings of pleasure and satiation. Perhaps that why sumptuous vanilla is adored by so many. Excellent for all skin types.
Essential Oil of Catnip
- According to research at Iowa State University, the essential oil found in the herb catnip is 10 times more effective than DEET in repelling mosquitoes
- Naturally repels flies and other insects besides mosquitoes, too, particularly cockroaches and termites
- Benefits coughs, congestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, menstrual cramps, inflammation, arthritis, hemorrhoids, and swelling associated with bug bites and stings
Essential Oil of Citronella
- The old standby, widely known all natural insect repellent
- Known skin tonic, astringent, natural deodorant, insecticide, diuretic and stimulant
- Antibacterial, analgesic, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antispasmodic and diaphoretic
- An all natural mosquito repellent used extensively in animal care and as an herbal, organic agricultural spray; called the "wonder spray" of organic gardeners; nontoxic to humans and rarely harmful to beneficial insects
- According to a study by the US National Research Council neem oil is more effective than DEET. The results were confirmed by scientists at the Malaria Institute in India and the research cited in the Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association
- Used for thousands of years as a medicinal plant
- Called "Queen of the Skin," "A Tree for Solving Global Problems," and "The Village Pharmacy" for its ability to support so many organs and organ systems of the body
- Rich in liminoids, compounds, and vitamin E; used for acne, eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, burns, and wrinkles
- Supports the outer skin by supporting the inner skin—the skin lining the intestinal wall, allowing healthy proliferation of good gut microbes; may benefit digestion, intestinal environments, and intestinal flora
- Benefits the health of white blood cells, which have a healing, protective function in support of a healthy lymph system, where researchers believe 80% of the body’s immune system works
- Antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, cooling, and anti-parasitic
All information contained within this site is for reference purposes only and not intended to substitute for the advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or other licensed health-care professional. sammysoap products are for external use only, and as such, effects of ingredients vary. sammysoap products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease. Before using any essential oil product, read our page Essential Oil Safety located in the footer section of the homepage. Always understand known medical contraindications before using essential oil products. Contraindications are listed in Essential Oil Safety. Even pure, natural ingredients cause some individuals to develop an allergic reaction. As with any product, discontinue use if you experience discomfort or other indications that the product may not be appropriate for your individual body chemistry. sammysoap does not recommend SKEETER-NIP, or any essential oil product for infants, except Baby Bath and Baby Bar.