The Original Catnip Spray®
10 Ounce Aluminum Bottle with Fine Mist Sprayer
No need to jeopardize health repelling insects. Our 100 % all natural mosquito repellent is a synthetic free blend that repels mosquitoes better than its chemically toxic competitors, and it's good for you! According to the US National Research Council, the Malaria Institute of India, and the American Mosquito Association: neem oil is more effective than DEET. According to research performed by Iowa State University: essential oil of catnip is 10 times more effective than DEET. Skeeter-Nip All Natural Mosquito Repellent - the original catnip spray - is fragrance free, chemical free, GMO free, cruelty free, child and pet friendly. It will not lead to resistance in future generations of pests. Skeeter-Nip Geranium leads with a rosy scent note, followed by the pungent but not unpleasant odor of neem, somewhat like citrusy garlic.
- You may prefer our Skeeter-Nip® Plus Mosquito Repellent with an even higher concentration of catnip. Both Skeeter-Nips have been formulated in support of healthy bodies and ecosystems everywhere.
- sammysoap Mosquito Bar is a soap you can use daily. It's formulated with essential oils that repel mosquitoes. Use all season, or if on a case by case basis, start using several days before mosquito exposure. You can rub Mosquito Bar directly on jeans, or arms and legs. It is only soap, after all!
Athlete's Bar is also made with essential oils that have natural insect repelling properties. Use all season, or if on a case by case basis, begin using several days before exposure to mosquitoes.
- Diffuse Mosquito repelling essential oils on porch or patio while outside, we recommend Essential Oils of Geranium, Cedarwood, Lavender, or Catnip
- Use Organic Neem or Soy Oil directly of skin, both are known as natural mosquito repellents.
- Shake well before use. Avoid eyes and mouth. Spray as often as needed. A second application within an hour of first use may be required for 100% effectiveness. Spray and rub into skin for absolute best coverage but not required. Amount required varies by individual body chemistry. Safe for clothes, pets and countertops. Lasts longest if stored in a cool, dry place.
- SKEETER-NIP is not recommended for infants.
Distilled water, essential oils of geranium Pelargonium graveolens Eqypt, bois de rose (rosewood) Aniba rosaeodora var. amazonica Brazil, catnip Nepeta cataria Canada, citronella Cymbogon winterianus Nepal, cedarwood Juniperus virginian USA, lavandin Lavandula hybrida var. Grosso France, neem oil Azadica indica India and essential oil of black pepper Piper nigrum Madagascar.
Essential Oil of Geranium
- Natural insecticide
- Benefits that are analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent and benefits scarring
- Natural deodorant, diuretic and anti-diabetic
- Thought to be an antidepressant and sedative
Essential Oil of Rosewood (Bois de Rose)
- Especially beneficial for babies and the elderly
- Anti-infectious, antibacterial and antifungal; cell stimulant and tissue regenerator
- Traditionally used in the treatment of acne, dermatitis, scars, wounds, wrinkles and general skin care, great for sensitive, dry, dull and combination skin
- Thought to help nervous system problems, frigidity, headaches, nervous tension, stress-related conditions, immune system conditions, nausea, colds, coughs, fever and infections
- Stimulates the immune system; stabilizes and balances the central nervous system
- Uplifts, enlightens and calms during meditation; used to benefit low energy and jet lag
- Aphrodisiac; treats vaginal candida; may aid sufferers of sexual abuse
Essential Oil of Catnip
- According to research at Iowa State University, the essential oil found in the herb catnip is 10 times more effective than DEET in repelling mosquitoes
- Naturally repels flies and other insects besides mosquitoes, too, particularly cockroaches and termites
- Benefits coughs, congestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, menstrual cramps, inflammation, arthritis, hemorrhoids, and swelling associated with bug bites and stings
Essential Oil of Citronella
The old standby, widely known all natural insect repellent
- Known skin tonic, astringent, natural deodorant, insecticide, diuretic and stimulant
- Antibacterial, analgesic, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antispasmodic and diaphoretic
Essential Oil of Cedarwood
- Famous for repelling bugs and moths
- Properties thought to help acne, oily skin, greasy hair, eczema, psoriasis, dandruff, nervous tension, stress-related disorders, hemorrhoids, congestions, coughs, sinusitis, arthritis and rheumatism
Essential Oil of Lavandin
- Commonly used as effective mosquito repellent, best diluted in carriers such as apricot kernel, sweet almond or coconut oil, beneficial to insect bites, stings, ringworm and irritated skin
- Powerful tonic for the entire system
- Calming, sedative, muscle relaxing and anti-inflammatory
- Thought to contain properties beneficial to insomnia, acne, headache, depression, symptoms of PMS, asthma, and skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis and dandruff
- Traditionally used in treatment of bronchitis and alleviating hiccups
An all natural mosquito repellent used extensively in animal care and as an herbal, organic agricultural spray; called the "wonder spray" of organic gardeners; nontoxic to humans and rarely harmful to beneficial insects
- According to a study by the US National Research Council neem oil is more effective than DEET. The results were confirmed by scientists at the Malaria Institute in India and the research cited in the Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association
- Used for thousands of years as a medicinal plant
- Called "Queen of the Skin," "A Tree for Solving Global Problems," and "The Village Pharmacy" for its ability to support so many organs and organ systems of the body
- Rich in liminoids, compounds, and vitamin E; used for acne, eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, burns, and wrinkles
- Supports the outer skin by supporting the inner skin—the skin lining the intestinal wall, allowing healthy proliferation of good gut microbes; may benefit digestion, intestinal environments, and intestinal flora
- Benefits the health of white blood cells, which have a healing, protective function in support of a healthy lymph system, where researchers believe 80% of the body’s immune system works
- Antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, cooling, and anti-parasitic
Essential Oil of Black Pepper
- Historically used on chilblains, a painful, itching swelling on the skin, typically on a hand or foot, and caused by poor circulation in the skin when exposed to cold
- Considered an immune booster
- Benefits aches, pains, neuralgia, circulation, muscle tone, rheumatic pain, stiffness, sprains, diarrhea, flatulence, constipation, heartburn, nausea, colds, flu and viruses
All information contained within this site is for reference purposes only and not intended to substitute for the advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or other licensed health-care professional. sammysoap products are for external use only, and as such, effects of ingredients vary. sammysoap products have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health condition or disease. Before using any essential oil product, read our page Essential Oil Safety located in the footer section of the homepage. Always understand known medical contraindications before using essential oil products. Contraindications are listed in Essential Oil Safety. Even pure, natural ingredients cause some individuals to develop an allergic reaction. As with any product, discontinue use if you experience discomfort or other indications that the product may not be appropriate for your individual body chemistry. sammysoap does not recommend SKEETER-NIP, or any essential oil product for infants, except Baby Bath and Baby Bar.