The Original Catnip Spray®
NEW! We formulated our Lemon Eucalyptus Skeeter-Nip in response to customer requests after the 2011 CDC announcement that essential oil of lemon eucalyptus was as effective as DEET and could be a much safer all-natural weapon against mosquitos. All of our Skeeter-Nips work! Choose the primary scent that you prefer. This formula leads with a citrus note but all of our Skeeter-Nips are closely related in scent. Super-repellents Neem oil and essential oil of catnip are both strong, pungent oils, and our Skeeter-Nips are blended to work! You'll love nature's strong, natural scents once exposed. Our bodies "know" what's healthy and are drawn to foods (oral and topical) that support healthy bodily functions.
10 Ounce Aluminum Bottle with Fine Mist Sprayer
Don't jeopardize your health trying to repel insects! Stay healthy without bites using 100% all natural mosquito repellent. This synthetic-free blend repels mosquitoes better than its chemically toxic competitors, and it's good for you!
According to the US National Research Council, the Malaria Institute of India, and the American Mosquito Association, neem oil is more effective than DEET. According to research performed by Iowa State University, essential oil of catnip is 10 times more effective than DEET. And in 2019, US Center for Disease Control finally declared that essential oil of lemon eucalyptus is as effective as DEET. These findings have been common knowledge among natural health practioners. Skeeter-Nip All Natural Mosquito Repellent - the original catnip spray - is fragrance free, chemical free, GMO free, cruelty free, child and pet friendly. It will not lead to resistance in future generations of pests. Skeeter-Nip Vanilla leads with vanilla and trails with the pungent but not unpleasant odor of neem, somewhat like citrusy garlic.
- You may prefer our Skeeter-Nip® Plus Mosquito Repellent with an even higher concentration of catnip. All Skeeter-Nips have been formulated in support of healthy bodies and ecosystems everywhere.
- sammysoap Mosquito Bar is a soap you can use daily. It's formulated with essential oils that repel mosquitoes. Use all season, or if on a case by case basis, start using several days before mosquito exposure. You can rub Mosquito Bar directly on jeans, or arms and legs. It is only soap, after all!
Athlete's Bar is also made with essential oils that have natural insect repelling properties. Use all season, or if on a case by case basis, begin using several days before exposure to mosquitoes.
- Diffuse Mosquito repelling essential oils on porch or patio while outside, we recommend Essential Oils of Vanilla, Lemon Eucalyptus, Catnip, Citronella and Neem Oil.
- Use Organic Neem or Soy Oil directly of skin, both are known as natural mosquito repellents.
- Shake well before use. Avoid eyes and mouth. Spray/rub into skin as often as needed. Multiple applications may be required depending on body chemistry and mosquito density. Skin rubbing is not required but some people think coverage works best that way.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Do not store in a closed, hot car.
- SKEETER-NIP is not recommended for infants.
Distilled Water, Essential Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus Eucalyptus citiodora, Essential Oil of Citronella Cymbopogon winterianus, Essential Oil of Catnip Nepeta cataria, Neem Oil Azadica indica.
Essential Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus
- CDC confirms oil of lemon eucalyptus as effective as DEET. The main object is to address the dangers of West Nile virus and other disease threats.
- CDC finds essential oil of eucalyptus to be effective against ticks at a concentration of 30%. Not as long lasting as a DEET product, which protects for five hours or more. Concentration determines how long it lasts and factors such as body chemistry and humidity play a part.
Essential Oil of Catnip
- According to research at Iowa State University, the essential oil found in the herb catnip is 10 times more effective than DEET in repelling mosquitoes
- Naturally repels flies and other insects besides mosquitoes, too, particularly cockroaches and termites
- Benefits coughs, congestion, upset stomach, diarrhea, menstrual cramps, inflammation, arthritis, hemorrhoids, and swelling associated with bug bites and stings
Essential Oil of Citronella
The old standby, widely known all natural insect repellent
- Known skin tonic, astringent, natural deodorant, insecticide, diuretic and stimulant
- Antibacterial, analgesic, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antispasmodic and diaphoretic
An all natural mosquito repellent used extensively in animal care and as an herbal, organic agricultural spray; called the "wonder spray" of organic gardeners; nontoxic to humans and rarely harmful to beneficial insects
- According to a study by the US National Research Council neem oil is more effective than DEET. The results were confirmed by scientists at the Malaria Institute in India and the research cited in the Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association
- Used for thousands of years as a medicinal plant
- Called "Queen of the Skin," "A Tree for Solving Global Problems," and "The Village Pharmacy" for its ability to support so many organs and organ systems of the body
- Rich in liminoids, compounds, and vitamin E; used for acne, eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, burns, and wrinkles
- Supports the outer skin by supporting the inner skin—the skin lining the intestinal wall, allowing healthy proliferation of good gut microbes; may benefit digestion, intestinal environments, and intestinal flora
- Benefits the health of white blood cells, which have a healing, protective function in support of a healthy lymph system, where researchers believe 80% of the body’s immune system works
- Antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, cooling, and anti-parasitic